- Understand the concepts of Lean and SIX Sigma®.
- How to use Lean to reduce costs and wastage and to increase reveue, profit and customer value.
- Applying effective measurement instruments to monitor and improve process performance.
- Using Lean to adjust to changing market demands and improve time to market.
Do you recognize this?
Many organizations are improving the way they operate. Re-designing or re-engineering processes in an effort to be more competitive, or align with changing customer and market needs. The increasing pace of change means that change is becoming the norm. The ability to continually improve is becoming a core capability for many organizations. The financial economy means that Organizations can no longer afford to start large, expensive, disruptive organizational programs. Change needs to be quick, adaptive, focused at reducing costs and wastage and delivering value to customers. However many organizations struggle to gain the hoped for value from their process improvement initiatives.
Why is this?
- Many orgainzations start process improvement programs within departments, rather than end-to-end throughout the value chain.
- Many organizations impolement a software tool to improve their processes
- Often Process improvement initiatives are buraucratic exercise not something focused on creating and delivering value, or reducing wastage and costs
- Often people do not ensure effective measurement of process improvement initiatives to support decision making and guarantee success.
CarWorks is a successful car manufacturing company. They have delivered high quality cars to their customers, the distributors, for years.For a long time they delivered the cars in just one color with just a little variation.As Henry Ford once said ‘You can have any colour you lijke, so long as it is black!’. The customer had the choice for a standard or sport model. However now that car industry is highly competitive, and consumer demands are changing CarWorks must innovate their products to retain a position in the market. But to stay competitive, they must also streamline the way they produce the cars.
You are working in the factory of CarWorks. You work in one of the following divisions: Planning, Purchasing, Finance, Sales or Production. As a team you will design and execute your processes to produce cars to meet the sales contracts. However market and customer demands change, and rapidly. Increasing demands, increasing opprtunities to succeed….or fail. As a team you must streamline your processes to reduce costs and wastage, you must also innovate new processes to meet the changing market needs.
The learning objectives are dependant upon what your organization is trying to achieve, where you are on your Process improvement journey and the problems and issues you are trying to solve. These are some of the objectives achieved during this training:
- Participants will learn about the practical application of Lean and Lean SIX Sigma®. What is it and how they can we use it?
- Participants will need to work together and optimize their value chain?
- Participants must work together as a team, they must effectively collaborate.
- Participants must design, execute and improve their processes to improve the revenue and profit of the company by removing waste.
- Participants must understand and meet the requirements of the customer.
- Participants must setup measurement instruments and use these to both monitor and improve their performance.
- Participants must align their processes to changing market demands and improve time to market.
|Duration of the simulation:||1 day|
|Number of participants:||8 – 12|
|Basic expertise:||No basic understanding of Lean or Lean Sixsigma is needed|