The Challenge of Egypt – AGILE Project Management
- Explore AGILE best practices and how to effectively use them in a Project environment
- Increase Project performance and CUSTOMER value
- Understand project roles and dependencies in an AGILE setting
- Get more out your Project Management training, translate theory into practice
- Improve Team Work and identify improvements to the way you manage and run projects
Do you recognize this?
The Project Management world is searching for new ways of managing projects. Lot’s of projects fail and millions of dollars are lost. AGILE and SCRUM seems to be the keywords in a world with fast changing customer demands and requirements. But, running AGILE projects is completely different than running a traditional project.
Why is this?
- Most of the Agile training is focused on Theory and just some small exercises.
- Managing Agile projects is managing dynamics. It requires interactions with all project stakeholders
- Roles of traditional project management roles are changing. Must more teamwork, communication and integration.
“I thought I could easily build this Pyramid using Agile principles after passing the Practitioner Agile Training. But, it was a real eye opener how difficult it was… ”
About the Challenge of Egypt™
Scenario We are in ancient Egypt. The Pharaoh want’s the secure his afterlife and has a meeting with the High Priest. There is a workshop with a team of experts (Architects, Risk experts, Quarry experts, Nile expert and Construction workers), they interview the Pharaoh and they create this list of Products. Base on this the team will decide which products they can develop in the firsts SPRINT and step by step the team will develop all products. Even if the requirements of the Pharaoh change, the team will handle them all using AGILE principles.
Objectives the simulation will be customized towards your own specific needs and learning objectives. But in general these are the main objectives:
- Learn how to apply AGILE principles and processes.
- Learn how to create Customer Value in a dynamics
- Learn how to work together in a team focused on running an Agile project.
|Duration of the simulation:||1 day|
|Number of participants:||8 – 12|
|Basic expertise:||No basic understanding of project management and processes is needed|