Baltic Project Management Days
On 2 days GamingWorks was part of the Baltic Project Management Days in Riga. Running a Challenge of Egypt in the morning of the 16th and a presentation about ‘Make your projects better by Learning Processes’.
In the morning Simulation a team of 10 participants run the Challenge of Egypt. At the end of the session the results were not that well:
We asked the Participants 2 major questions:
- What were the Fail Factors you discover today by running this simulation.
- What are the related Success Factors you suggest we need to implement in our Project Team
REFLECTION : Fail Factors
- Poor project startup
- Roles, responsibilities, processes
- Lack of instruments to control/steer own work
- Too many roles are steering
- Lack of proactive approach
THINK : Success Factors
- Give whole PM team time to learn
- Training, Kick off etc
- Communicate expectations, roles, responsibilities AND AGREE, YES means YES
- Use Work Packages, Tolerances, Empowerment to control and steer project on the execution level
- Remove useless activities, double roles and responsibilities
- Use PMO / PA to prepare decisions
Later during the day i delivered my presentation about learning processes and i used the outcomes in the morning as example.
If you are interested in the whole presentation you can download it
Make Your Projects Better by Learning Processes RIGA v1